Apple Pie Porridge Recipe
We are not all at our friendliest these cold & dark mornings so here’s a warming, comforting recipe to get us going!
You will need:
- 1 cup of The Health Store organic jumbo oats
- 1 cup of Oatly organic oat milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp of Steenberg cinnamon powder
- 1 x Red Apple
- 2 tsp honey/maple syrup/agave
- 1 spoon Lizzys’ low sugar granola
What to do:
- In a non stick pot, bring your oat milk to a medium heat and add your oats for about 3-5 minutes.
- Chop up half your apple into little chunks and add in.
- Once the consistency thickens, add water in, little by little for another 2 minutes until the apple has softened and the texture is as you like it.
- Pop into a bowl and shake your cinnamon on top and decorate with slices of the other half of the apple.
- Lastly, top off your bowl with the spoon of granola and as much or as little sweetener as you like, bearing in mind that the apple will sweeten it up a lot!