This recipe is full of good fibre and bound to set you up for a good day of digestion!
You will need:
- 2 x slices of wholegrain brown bread. Skip the sliced pan and grab a hearty loaf from your nearest bakery. The more nuts & seeds the better.
- 1 x can of butter beans (drained)
- 1 x can of chopped tomatoes
- ½ grated red onion
- ½ clove of garlic
- 1 x red pepper, chopped finely
- 1 x handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 x squeeze of lemon
- 1 x tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 x sprinkle of chilli flakes
- 1 x tsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of agave syrup
- Sea Salt & pepper to taste
What to do:
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the onion, pepper and paprika, and fry gently until soft, about 10-15 mins.
- Add the lemon along with the tomatoes, beans, agave syrup, chilli and some seasoning.
- Stir & bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 mins or until slightly reduced and thickened.
- Serve on top of your brown bread with your parsley - toasted is best.