This article was written by the fabulous Christina, Store Manager at our Newbridge branch. Pop into her and the team for any natural health advice for yourself or little ones that you may need!
As a busy mum of two energetic boys, W have found myself over the past few years going back to the same essentials in supplements, skincare and foods.
I have a few Skincare essentials which I have used and loved and are regular purchases of mine.
- Burt's Bees Diaper Ointment, has been my forever go to nappy cream, its 100% naturel, no parabens or sls. It has prevented and healed any nappy irritations and a little goes such a long way!
- Weleda Calendula Shampoo and Body wash, always used in my house! It gently cleanses the body and hair. It contains organic calendula extract which gently cleanses delicate skin and almond oil which is great for preventing dryness. And most important of course is it smells yum!
- Sukin Paw Paw Ointment, you will always find a tube of this either in my handbag of the babies changing bag! It can be used for just about anything from dry lips, cracked skin and nappy rash. It has a combination of natural oils and extracts which sooth and smooths the skin. Its sulphate and paraben free and suitable for all skin types.
There's a Few Supplements and remedies we have used which have worked really well for us.
- Better you multi vitamin D junior oral spray, this is such a great product, it's a raspberry flavoured oral spray for kids aged 1yr +. It contains 14 essential nutrients to support your childâs health and wellbeing. It contains no artificial colours or flavours and has over 48 doses in one handy spray bottle.
- Bio Kult Infantis, is a great probiotic for kids, it has 7 strains of live bacteria and contains omega 3 and vitamin D3. This formulation is a great choice to support your child's immune and digestive system especially during the winter months.
- Otosan Gel Forte, fast becoming my handbag winter essential! It is a 14 stick pack containing honey, citrus and eucalyptus all great for throat irritations, hoarseness and a dry cough, it can be used from 1year+ for children and adults.
One food brand we have found worked well for me is the Holle baby range, great for baby weaning and all your baby's first food's needs. Two of my favourites are:
- Organic Rice Porridge, it's a wholegrain cereal, dairy and gluten free. It can be used from 4-6months and is perfect for your baby's first food.
- Holle Crunchy Snack, I seem to be buying these all the time, they are great snacks for little hands and mess free. They are Millet snacks made from organic cereals which melt in the mouth. They are gluten free and have no added sugar. Suitable for babies 8mths and over.
Of course I can't forget myself as many of us mums do! We have two go to products which are my own essentials.
- GNC B complex, this is my daily supplement it helps to manage my energy levels, reduces tiredness and fatigue. The B vitamins work on the nervous system also so these are great for any stress and anxiety.
- Floradix, a must have booster tonic for any tired, worn out momma! It' a liquid iron and vitamin formula, contains herbal extracts and fruit juice concentrates. Its helps in the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and is also suitable during pregnancy and for breastfeeding mums. Itâs a super tonic and great for when the batteries have worn out!
These are just some of my favourite Mommy must have, all of these can be found in The Health Store. Hopefully some of you will enjoy trying some of these, if you do please leave a comment and let us know your favourites!